When people think of giving, most often, they think in terms of donating money. However, donating money to those in need is just one of many ways to share the love of Christ.
We want to share 25 ways to give. These are simple, easy ways for any Christian to give more… at home, at work, at church, and everywhere in between!
1. Bring coffee, a breakfast bagel, or some fresh fruit to someone at work you know is rushed in the morning.
2. Buy a gas card for someone going back and forth to the hospital for various treatments.
3. Do a couple of loads of laundry for a busy single mom or dad.
4. Bake dinner for a lonely or elderly neighbor.
5. Give a compliment to someone you pass by in the hall.
6. Send a bouquet of flowers to someone you know is feeling down.
7. Visit someone in the hospital or nursing home.
8. Buy a new pair of shoes or jacket for a kid in need.
9. Mow the lawn for someone who’s feeling overwhelmed or under the weather.
10. Write a random thank-you note to a teacher, friend, or sibling, and let them know what a blessing they are.
11. Clean house for a friend or family member in need.
12. Donate some non-perishables to a food pantry in your community.
13. Volunteer at your church to work in the nursery or help with a kid’s Bible class.
14. Purchase diapers, a car seat, or a portable crib for a local pro-life pregnancy center that assist expecting moms.
15. Donate clothes, furniture, or toys to a shelter for battered women and children.
16. Make a point to speak nothing but encouraging words to your spouse or kids for a whole day.
17. Buy tickets for a zoo, local theme park, or water park for a family with young kids.
18. Make a quilt or other handy craft and donate it to a charity auction.
19. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter once a week or once a month.
20. Babysit for a couple who may need a fun night out.
21. Tutor school subjects or teach free music lessons to kids in need.
22. Give the caretaker of an elderly senior a free afternoon off by volunteering to come stay for a few hours.
23. Mentor a teenager or young kid who’s in foster care. Check out programs through places like Youth Villages.
24. Put together a care package and an encouraging note for someone who’s away from home.
25. Start a donation box at work. Make it fun by having a prize drawing or letting the winner pick which charity you support.
Have something to add? Please comment below!
God promises to bless those who freely and cheerfully give. Don’t miss out on His wonderful blessings, or your daily opportunities to share the love of Christ with those in need!