Peace During Pancreatic Cancer

by What's My Part? on January 17, 2013

God's Greater Plan-For I Know the Plans I Have for YouHave you ever prayed for God to speak to you and been lead to a certain passage of scripture or had a verse pop into mind? Throughout my mother’s journey with pancreatic cancer, God has encouraged me in many ways. One of the most profound ways is through His word. The two verses I have clinged to throughout this hardship are 1 Timothy 1:7 and Isaiah 57:18-19.

First Timothy 1:7 says, For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Many times, Satan has tried to use doubt and fear to steal my joy and hope as I care for my mother, but the word of God constantly reminds me that as a child of God, I have no reason to fear or to doubt. The giver and sustainer of life is the One who holds both my mother and me, and He promises to provide all we need as we trust in Him. When fear begins to surface, I can see it for what it truly is…. Lies that Satan would have me believe. Instead, I choose to look to God and be filled with His power and love.

When my mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, the doctors gave her very little hope of any successful treatment options. Chemotherapy and radiation were only offered to possibly prolong her life, with little to no hope of a cure. Neither my mother or father felt that the normal treatment options were what they were being led to do, and instead, we went to see a holistic doctor for an alternative treatment plan. For the first time following her diagnosis, I was filled with an overwhelming sense of peace and hope as we sat in his office. He started my mother on a plan consisting of drinking many fresh juices a day and taking natural supplements to support her body and help restore her immune system.

We are currently passing our 5 month mark, and my mother’s body has made incredible progress. She still deals with fatigue, pain, and nausea at times, however, her tests show that her body is fighting hard to correct any imbalances, rid of her cancer, and restore her health. Some days are harder than others, and recently during a time I was struggling, I ask God to give me a verse of encouragement. He led me to Isaiah 57:18-19. I had never read these verses before, and as I read them for the first time, I ask God to let me claim them as my own and to trust that His word would come to pass. Isaiah 57:18-19 says, I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners. I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the Lord; and I will heal him.

God speaks to each of us in His own way. The verses that He has given to me have encouraged me over and over again. Every day, He provides all that we need to fight the battle we’re facing. Pancreatic cancer is an enormous mountain to climb, however, to move any mountain, all we need is a little faith….a little faith in an all-powerful God.

No matter what you’re facing, look to the Lord. He is faithful, and He is good…..all the time!

We would love to hear your thoughts or comments! Please leave them below.

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Joy June 27, 2013

Hi. My mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer that has spread to the liver. She goes to see the oncologist Tuesday. We are trusting in God to do a complete healing in her. I pray that she is restored in her body. I pray that the enemy will be defeated by our consistant prayers. Lastly, that after this test is over that we will rejoice. Im praising God in advance. Please pray for my mom and my family.

What's My Part? June 30, 2013

We are praying for your mom and for your family. I know how scary and overwhelming it can feel, and I’m praying that God may be pleased to heal your mom and give you the strength to trust Him.

Heather May 31, 2013

My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in April. She does not want to do chemotherapy, she prefers holistic/alternative care. I am struggling to find a good holistic provider. Does anyone have a suggestion. We live in Ohio and ditance travel is difficult for her due to her declining condition. I want to help her take this journey to healing in the manner of which she has chosen. any information is appreciated.

What's My Part? June 6, 2013

Hello Heather,
I live in the south and am not familiar with any holistic providers up north, however, I know the treatment my mom was on was very similiar to the Gerson therapy. They have books that are very indepth and informative and even provide a schedule for those who choose their treatment method. I have only personally talked to one person who has followed their therapy, as it is pretty strict, but she has had great results. We will be praying for you and your mother, and I hope God will give you the wisdom, direction, and healing you’re searching for.

Jason April 27, 2013

My mother-in-law was diagnosed two weeks ago with pancreatic cancer. She went in for surgery today and they found that it spread. Now she will have to go through a heavy bout of chemotherapy. My wife and I have a strong faith in our savior and trust fully that he will bring her out of this. We believe for complete restoration. It obviously has been a difficult day, but your story was extremely inspiring and I thank you for sharing. I will keep you and your mother in my prayers. I believe you too will see God’s perfect miracle over this situation. God Bless.

What's My Part? May 1, 2013

We’re praying that God would give each of you the wisdom, strength, and faith in Him to get through the upcoming days. Praying for healing for your mother-in-law. It’s a hard battle to face, both physically and spiritually. If I can offer any advice, it is to keep your eyes on Christ and not the waves that surround you! (Matthew 14:22-33) God Bless.

LYDIA April 4, 2013

My sister was diagnosed yesterday with a tumor in her pancreas…which could be malignant..please could you pray for a miracle. She goes for her tests on Monday with a surgeon. Give me a word of strength to be there for her and her family.

What's My Part? April 4, 2013

We are praying for good news on Monday, and strength for you and your family. I wanted to share this verse from Joshua 1:9 with you. It says, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Trust in Him. In ALL things, He is faithful.

Sarah K. January 22, 2013

My mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I know God will be faithful to bring us through. I just want to say thank you for these encouraging verses and words. I’m praying for your mom to make a full recovery!

What's My Part? January 22, 2013

God is always faithful to bring us through! I’m praying for your mom and your family as you go through this. Keep reading His word, and you will find He will give you the strength and encouragement you need for each and every day!